Friday, July 10, 2009

Magnum PS

This is Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson, here-by known as MPS or Magnum PS, was the 10th overall choice in the 2009 entry draft. I wanted to learn more about him, and I figured you guys might want to as well. According to his Wiki page MPS made his Elitserien debut on September 24 at age sixteen, five months, and twelve days, becoming the fourth youngest player in Elitserien's history. Which if you ask me is impressive, and puts him among some elite company.

While MPS' totals in the SEL have not been the most impressive (nor are his Desjardins conversions) but looking at his numbers in international tournaments, and playing against kids his own age MPS looks incredible, scoring at around a PPG pace.

I like MPS' flash and size, but for me the jury is still out on whether or not he will be a great player. I would like to see MPS play one season in the SEL, so we can gauge his performance against men, then play in the CHL for a year. That seems like a better option then 2 years in the CHL and one in the AHL if you ask me....

No comments:

Post a Comment